The Galaxy UNYCO system is intended to be used for temporary bone stabilization in trauma and orthopedic procedures of the lower limb prior to definitive treatment.
Temporary stabilization of the tibia and foot in conditions and procedures, such as:
- Comminuted open or closed tibial fractures
- Polytrauma patient
- Damage control orthopedics for fractures with severe soft tissue injuries
- Peri-prosthetic or peri-implant fractures
- Joint dislocations, intra- and extra-articular injuries where spanning fixation is needed
- Intra-operative fracture reduction
- Intermediate stabilization in staged surgery
- Infected non-union pending second stage treatment bone-loss or other reconstructive procedures
The Galaxy UNYCO system is compatible with the Galaxy Fixation system and bicortical screws. The Galaxy Fixation system and bicortical screws must be used when Galaxy UNYCO is not indicated or available. The product is indicated for non-weight-bearing use.