- Universal clamps can connect different diameters of bone screws (4, 6 mm) and rods (6, 9, 12 mm)
- Markers on clamp slots easily identify rod and pin diameter for each clamp slot
- Single clamps can perform rod-to-rod coupling and pin-to-rod coupling reducing fixator application time
- Makes it easier to select the proper component during surgery
- Snap-in mechanism for pins and rods enhances ease of use of the fixator, reducing time for frame assembly
- Hand-tightening pre-closure mechanism simplifies intraoperative reduction adjustment, allows for fast frame assembly, and no need for instruments for primary frame stabilization
- Wrench definitive tightening mechanism provides stability for the frame after final closure
- In ready-to-use sterile kits suitable for DCO management. All in one tray – implants and instrumentation
For more information see GalaxyFixation.com
Galaxy Fixation Gemini System is designed as an external fixator for definitive treatment of long bone fractures. If the reduction is successful, the patient won’t need a second surgery.
Bone screw diameters and inter-axis (in multipin clamps) are compatible with other Orthofix external fixators for definitive treatment conversion.
Single clamps can perform rod-to-rod coupling and pin-to-rod coupling, decreasing the number of components. This helps surgeons and nurses easily identify the components they need for creating a specific frame.
Initial hand-tightening pre-closure mechanism also allows frame manipulation without using any instruments, while performing reduction maneuvers and X-rays intraoperative controls.
Initial hand-tightening pre-closure mechanism allows the surgeon to perform intraoperative controls without holding the frame during X-ray scan, which helps in potentially limiting the surgeon’s X-ray exposure during fixator application.
Compared with the Galaxy Fixation™ System, the closure mechanism has been modified to feature a bigger, knurled knob for easier hand tightening and double side arrows for easier wrench tightening.