When used with the Centurion® POCT System or Ascent POCT System for Posterior Occipital-Cervical-Thoracic (Occ – T3):
The Connector System is intended to provide immobilization and stabilization of spinal segments as an adjunct to fusion for the following acute and chronic instabilities of the craniocervical junction, the cervical spine (C1 to C7) and the thoracic spine (T1 – T3): traumatic spinal fractures and/or traumatic dislocations; instability or deformity; failed previous fusions (e.g. pseudoarthrosis); tumors involving the cervical/thoracic spine; and degenerative disease, including intractable radiculopathy and/or myelopathy, neck and/or arm pain of discogenic origin as confirmed by radiographic studies, and degenerative disease of the facets with instability. The Connector System is also intended to restore the integrity of the spinal column even in the absence of fusion for a limited time period in patients with advanced stage tumors involving the cervical spine in whom life expectancy is of insufficient duration to permit achievement of fusion.
When used with the Firebird® Spinal Fixation System/Phoenix® MIS Spinal Fixation System or Spinal Fixation System (SFS) for Thoracic, Lumbar, and Sacral Spine Fixation (T1-S2/Ilium):
The Connector System is intended to provide immobilization and stabilization of spinal segments in skeletally mature patients as an adjunct to fusion as a pedicle screw fixation system (T1-S2/Ilium), or as an anterolateral fixation system (T8-L5), in the treatment of the following acute and chronic instabilities or deformities:
- Degenerative disc disease (defined as discogenic back pain with degeneration of the disc confirmed by history and radiographic studies)
- Trauma (i.e., fracture or dislocation),
- Spinal stenosis,
- Deformities or curvatures (i.e., scoliosis, kyphosis, and/or lordosis)
- Failed previous fusion
When used for posterior pedicle screw fixation in pediatric patients, the Connector System implants are indicated as an adjunct to fusion to treat adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Pediatric pedicle screw fixation is limited to a posterior approach. The Connector System is intended to be used with autograft or allograft.
Contraindications include, but are not limited to:
- Morbid obesity
- Mental Illness
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
- Metal sensitivity/allergies
- Severe osteopenia
- Patients unwilling or unable to follow post-operative care instructions
- Use of the offset connectors for fixation to the ilium is contraindicated when the sacrum is absent or insufficient for implantation of pedicle screws at the S1 or S2 spinal level.
- Any circumstances not listed under the heading indications.